December 22, 2012 - The Maker on it's way to the Mac App Store...
The Maker has been actively developed and improved since 2006. Actually it has been in existence much longer than that. In all those years it has improved in so many ways. It got easier to use, faster and much more powerful.
Time to take it one step further...
October 15, 2011 - the maker 1.5 - Lots of new features!
Some of the interesting new features:
Support for linked (external) projects, they can be on a USB stick, webDAV or in your Dropbox (if mounted to your file system)
Session data saved, this means, files that are open when the maker is closed will be reopened at the next start of the maker
(UI settings are saved at the end of the session for window sizes and pane positions)
Find / replace in current file and across project.
Improved code style.
Run Python scripts from within the maker with an interactive shell.
Export project as template.
Add any file.
Use Markdown in maker parts (.content, .foot, .body, .nav)
Other improvements, performance tweeks and bug fixes.
We hope you have a pleasant experience using the maker. If you have any feedback
you are welcome to contact us at:
December 27, 2009 - the maker 1.0 - Feature complete!
This is a feature complete and stable release. Since 0.9 we have rewritten
about 80 percent of the code base and have put a lot of effort into making
this application more user friendly.
However, this is not just an improved version, it also has many new features.
Here are just a few:
editing of multiple files across projects with tabs
new features will be:
- when a new file is created it is automatically selected in the tree
- more templates for projects
- Upload Queue ! change as many files as you like and then upload them at once. No "make all" needed.
- Change a .dynamic and the maker is only publishing the affected files
- introducing: maker markers
August 25, 2007 - the maker 0.6.93 update
- Fixed bug in RSS Creation. Before the fix the markup became invalid
- Changed code in source markers. Since the comment was above the Doctype declaration. IE could not handle it. Misinterpreting the whole markup
- Finally fixed bug in Image import
- Error Messages in the log window are displayed with in a new line each
August 23, 2007 - the maker 0.6.92 update
Due to some strange behavior in WxPython 18.104.22.168 , we went back to 22.214.171.124
0.6.91 / August 15, 2007
0.6.9 / August 14, 2007
improved make all
some binary files managable (pdf, zip, mov ... )
more supported filetypes (php, xml, html ... )
a lot of GUI improvements
default distribution settings
improved code styling in the editor
comments in the html sources
.head mode - for editing only the .head section of .content files
and a lot more...
0.6.2 / March 19, 2007
- the Image tool is able to keep image proportions at scaling
- single click item selection in the items list
- much better user interaction
- many bugfixes
0.6 / February 10, 2007
- a GUI makeover
- preview for CSS
- work offline ! - no permanent internet connection required
- File references are completed on upload
- multiple rss feeds
- multiple style sheets
- support for cgi
- support for txt files (.htaccess, robots.txt ...)
- dynamic contents
- shortcuts for XHTML and CSS
- a brand new editing tool for the distribution settings
- pagetool bug fixed (if target dir is / or .)
- insert Tag bug fixed
- making the core more independent from the GUI
- there was a bug on OS X with the STC.Cut Method I worked around it by using .Clear
please have a look at wxWidgets Bug Tracker if you want to know more. It is a wxWidgets BUG
- serverlink retries to upload files if connection breaks
- Fixed Font sizes
- window.Destoroy() Bugs fixed
0.5 / July 28, 2006
- speed improvements
- better RSS support
- upload any file
- Keyboard shotcuts
- GUI improvements
- log window inside GUI
- Error handler
- and a lot more...
0.4.92 / Mai 23, 2006
Mai 23, 2006: the road starts here. The maker has been released!